The Tinfoil Barb is a very large freshwater fish from the Cyprinidae family.
Tinfoil Barbs or Barbonymus Schwanenfeldii got their name from their gleaming silver scales that look like tinfoil. The Tinfoil Barb’s metallic sheen and lively shoaling action add color to a large aquarium.
Tinfoil Barbs are a favorite with aquarium hobbyists as they are hardy and peaceful.
- Scientific Name: Barbus schwanenfeldii
- Experience Level: Beginner to moderately experienced
- Hardiness: Robust
- Minimum Tank Size: 75 gallons or 285 liters
- Maximum Size: 14 inches
- Temperament: Peaceful, but will eat small fish
- Temperature: 75-80 F or 24-27 C
- pH Range: 6.0-7.5
- Water Hardness: 5-5 dGH
- Diet: Mainly herbivores
There are no reviews for this product.